✴️ – Price is high because this deck is now Out of Print, please check availability before payment!
– Playing Cards are printed in batches of 1000, 5000, etc. It is a limited resource. – For example, for a design with 1000 decks,
300 buyers may collect and open for Cardistry,
300 buyers collect & keep them sealed,
400 are kept by retailers as stocks.
– When limited edition collectible cards go Out of Print, that’s when the price jumps significantly.
– We now enter the Wild Wild West cowboy territory. The price is set by the resale companies, not by me.
– Each deck that’s sold means it becomes rarer & rarer to find a deck that is still brand new, sealed with cellophane, unopened and undented.
– I do not deal with cheap decks from individual sellers on eBay as I go through too much volume to do QC myself.
– The resale companies guarantee authenticity, provenance & quality control as they only purchase from retailers who have gone out of business.
– Decks are protected as they send cartons of 50 to 100 each time. The price reflects this superhuman effort & increased global shipping, GST & custom fees.
– There is no need to collect rare decks at all. Please search for regular decks which I get directly from wholesaler under “Murphy’s Magic”.
– You are also very welcome to use my research to find other alternatives. Enjoy the wonderfully bizarre world of card collecting! 🙂
– Launched Nov 2015 on Kickstarter, 664 backers pledged $27,264, out of $15,000 goal, to help bring this project to life.
– Check out the YouTube review by VJose32
– and the official trailer
– Available editions:
1. Bicycle Chic (Standard), limited edition of 5000, unnumbered.
2. Bicycle Chic (Premium Gold) 189/330, real gold foil edges and a distinctive gold foil seal. Each deck is numbered and autographed individually and exclusively for each Kickstarter backer. Initially meant to be limited edition of 288, after Kickstarter campaign it was changed to 330, numbered.
Inspired by the Golden Twenties, the Bicycle® Chic deck encapsulates classic luxury. The use of noble materials uncompromisingly fulfils the highest of standards in every detail of the deck, where classic design meets contemporary glamour. A timeless interpretation of a sleek and seductive deck of playing cards.
Specially designed for the lovers of fine playing cards, this deck epitomises those chic city values that we instinctively identify with charm, elegance, and refinement.
The Bicycle® Chic is an exquisite combination of harmonious elements, and breathtaking details, with the highest quality materials.
When you open a pack of Bicycle® Chic cards the first thing you’ll notice is the smooth silky finish, and the linen textured stock. Dressed in vibrant shades of custom gold and red inks, they handle like a dream, and feel like velvet.
The richly ornamented faces and backs exude the elegance and class of a golden era.
The cards feature unique painstakingly handcrafted art from the faces to the pips. Everything is hand drawn. Unique yet timeless. Classic yet contemporary.
Premium box made with Antique Gold Foil – stretch goal
Embossed Box – stretch goal
2 Gaff Cards with multiple uses
Limited Edition red foil closure seal – stretch goal
Magic Coating (the cards handle smoothly and last longer than regular decks)
Tuck box made with rich premium vellum paper – stretch goal
56 Unique custom hand drawn playing cards
Quality, durable, Bicycle® stock
Manufactured by the USPCC – worldwide leader in playing cards manufacturing
Special Limited Edition run of only 5.000 decks
Bicycle® Chic deck Premium Gold Edition:
The Chic Premium Gold Edition deck features real gold foil edges and a distinctive gold foil seal. Each deck is numbered and autographed individually and exclusively for each backer. This is a limited edition of 288 decks only. No more will be ever printed. The Chic Gold Edition is one of the rarest decks in the industry.
There are no reviews yet.