✴️ – Price is high because this deck is now Out of Print, please check availability before payment!
– Playing Cards are printed in batches of 1000, 5000, etc. It is a limited resource. – For example, for a design with 1000 decks,
300 buyers may collect and open for Cardistry,
300 buyers collect & keep them sealed,
400 are kept by retailers as stocks.
– When limited edition collectible cards go Out of Print, that’s when the price jumps significantly.
– We now enter the Wild Wild West cowboy territory. The price is set by the resale companies, not by me.
– Each deck that’s sold means it becomes rarer & rarer to find a deck that is still brand new, sealed with cellophane, unopened and undented.
– I do not deal with cheap decks from individual sellers on eBay as I go through too much volume to do QC myself.
– The resale companies guarantee authenticity, provenance & quality control as they only purchase from retailers who have gone out of business.
– Decks are protected as they send cartons of 50 to 100 each time. The price reflects this superhuman effort & increased global shipping, GST & custom fees.
– There is no need to collect rare decks at all. Please search for regular decks which I get directly from wholesaler under “Murphy’s Magic”.
– You are also very welcome to use my research to find other alternatives. Enjoy the wonderfully bizarre world of card collecting! 🙂
– Launched Nov 2013 on Kickstarter, a whooping 1,499 backers pledged $100,288, out of $30,000 goal, to help bring this project to life.
– Check out the YouTube review by magicorthodoxy
Inspired by one of the most iconic and well known stories of Sherlock Holmes, Jackson Robinson has designed the Hounds of the Baskerville playing card deck in collaboration with the Sherlock Holmes Conan Doyle Estate LTD. This deck was a part of Jackson’s Kickstarter project for the Original Sherlock Holmes Baker Street, the Holmes Edition, and the Moriarty Edition.
There are no reviews yet.